Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I CAN DO THIS!

Okay, so let me just say that this week is going to fly by! It's almost the end of the workday and it's Tuesday. I do feel like my brain is about to explode...Okay, that's not a very good visual, but I feel like I am taking on alot this week with the exiting of Dawson McAllister and training for the new job at 180 Chiropractic & Wellness for 2 hrs. after work. I can do this, I...CAN...DO...THIS!! :) It's always exciting starting a new job, but also a bit nerve racking as well. I love learning new things and meeting new people, but always feel a sense of nervousness going into a completely new place with something that i've never had experience doing before. I'm such a hands on learner, so once I get in there and start messing around, breaking things, putting things back together --- well, that's when I learn the best!

Matt and I have had an amazing past couple of days spending good quality time with friends and family. The more I get comfortable with my cooking skills and not being so anal about the tidiness of our house, the more I want to have people over to just hang out and enjoy eachothers company over dinner or lunch. So, last night and Sunday we had friends over for dinner...I'm learning that it brings so much joy to my heart to be able to just be in fellowship with others and to be able to cook for them. I loooove to cook! Am I a good cook? Well...Lets just say I'm learning. I still have a ways to go to even be anywhere close to what my mom does. (There's nothing like your momma's home-cooking) Anyhow, I digress...My whole point behind being in fellowship with others and dining together is that it made Matt and I look back in history and realize that thats how they used to do it! Everyone would come together and feast as a family and friends. What a cool picture that is huh?!? I want more of that! I think about Heaven and can't help but imagine that thats probably how it will be, all together, one big family feasting at the Lord's table. Now that makes me smile! :)

2 comments:

  1. We don't host friends over as much as we should. We still want to have the Sheets over sometime after church since it's so close.

    I learn the same way too. New jobs are really nerve racking at first, I agree. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Matt and I will for sure be in IN over Labor Day weekend, which is Sep. 3-6. Are you guys planning on being there? I would love for us all to hang out, and I def. want to see your place! Honestly, I would love to come before Labor Day...I really miss you girls alot!...Maybe I could sneak down sooner. ;)

    Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete